Motor Carrier Safety Compliance Consulting Services
At Transafe, we not only promise to deliver exceptional service; we promise a pleasurable and hassle-free experience
Access to our Online Tech Database
Transafe in Mississippi has developed a software that is available, online, to use with your own username and password, that will grant you access to any of your company’s files that Transafe uploads, as well as any files that are uploaded by users within your company. This system also makes it more efficient in the event of a New Entrant or Federal Safety Audit. We can easily mock audit your files on a regular basis which allows us to notify you of any issues needing to be addressed. When an audit occurs, we have the ability to send what we need directly to the auditor which can speed up the audit process.
- Corrective Action/Safety Rating Upgrade
If you have a conditional rating or an unsatisfactory rating, that resulted from violations pertaining to your compliance review/safety audit it can impact your business in many negative ways. Transafe is very well-versed in safety and compliance laws and our experienced representatives know what information is crucial and imperative to accomplish a safety rating increase. We work directly with the client on implementing and training staff to meet the requirements necessary. These increases are complicated and take a lot of work to be completed, however, the reward of a healthier & more compliant company directly lead to an increase in profitability! Transafe has to show proof and will need help and efficient communication from the company or driver to provide documentation throughout the process. It can take anywhere from 30-90 days, based on the FMCSA work load and staff.
- State and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulation consulting
Transafe will regularly schedule a time that is best for you and your staff, on site at your requested location. We will monitor your Safety Scores, Roadside Inspections, Accidents, as well as go through the following but not limited to: MCS- 90, Drug/Alcohol Program Documents, Accident Documents, Driver Qualification Files, Hours of Service Records, Vehicle Maintenance Documents, Hazmat Documents * If Applicable
- New entrant carrier setup/New Entrant Audit
Transafe will send you a list of needed documents (if not already stored in our online database) as well as help you obtain any missing documents. We will audit all documents for compliance and provide guidance on what needs to be addressed prior to your audit.
- Representation at state or federal compliance review or safety audit
Transafe will make contact with your DOT Auditor to let them know we will be representing you and send any documents ahead of time to the officer. Transafe will set up and organize the files on how DOT will want to see them. We know the faster we get the auditor out of your office the better it is for you.
- Mock on-site compliance review or safety audit
Transafe audits will be conducted the same as a real DOT Audit. It’s a mock audit. Be transparent with your Transafe representative as they are there to help you by giving you an honest assessment.
- DataQ is the online system for drivers, motor carriers, Federal and State agencies, and others to file concerns about Federal and State data maintained in MCMIS and released to the public by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Transafe can do the following with the DataQ System:
- Request copies of an Inspection Report
- Contest incorrect, multiple-listed, or missing IEP/shipper information.
- Citation with associated violation
- Assigned to wrong motor carrier or driver
- Challenging a DOT Audit/Investigation
- Challenging a fine as a result of a Notice of Claim or Notice of Violation
- Crash duplicates, record missing, crash report contains incorrect information, crash preventability program*
- What is the Crash Preventability Program?
- Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) was struck by a motorist driving under the influence of illegal substance (or related offense)
- CMV was struck by a motorist driving the wrong direction
- CMV was struck in the rear
- CMV was struck while it was legally stopped or parked, including when the vehicle is unattended
- CMV struck an individual committing, or attempting to commit, suicide by stepping or driving in front of the CMV
- CMV sustained disabling damage after striking an animal in the roadway
- Crash as a result of an infrastructure failure, falling trees, rocks, or debris
- CMV was struck by cargo or equipment from another vehicle
- What is the Crash Preventability Program?
- DOT Background Checks
Previous Employment Verification on all DOT employers within the previous years
- Driver File Management
Driver File Management is a service to manage your Driver Files (DQFs) and reduce your risk by establishing and keeping your driver accurate, organized and diligent. DOT rules and regulations dictate that you keep your Driver Qualification Files (DQFs) up-to-date at all times or your will not be DOT Compliant.
- Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse (DACH) Queries
This required report will show any positive DOT drug/alcohol history reported starting from January 6th, 2020.
- Motor Vehicle Reports
A motor vehicle report is a required record of your driving history, reported from the state Department of Motor Vehicles. It will include driver’s license information, violations, convictions, and license status.
- Pre-Employment Screening Program
This is an optional background check report that will show the driver’s safety history provided to a motor carrier, truck-driving industry provider, potential hiring employer, or the truck driver himself. This report will show roadside inspections and accidents as well as any violations received.
Drug and Alcohol Services
- On-site controlled substance and alcohol testing
- Transafe can perform your drug and alcohol collections at our office or we can travel on-site to your office or job location. We travel with all of the necessary supplies and just need an adequate restroom for privacy. This includes:
- Pre-Employment Screening Services
- Random Screening
- Reasonable Suspicion Screening
- Return to Duty/Follow Up Testing
- Post Accident Screening
- DOT controlled substance and alcohol testing program management
- Computerized Random Selection
- Drug/Alcohol Compliance Reports
- Regulatory Guidance
- Statistical Reports
- Medical Review Officer (MRO)
ELDs and ELD Management
- Omnitracs Dealer
- ELD Management
- Create reports for your drivers to track their hours of service violations, unassigned drive time, odometer jumps, personal conveyance usage etc
- Training drivers with repeat violations
- Provide consulting for hours of service
- Phone support for drivers
- Engage with Omnitracs on your behalf for ELD Issues.
Training and Safety Meetings
- Drug and Alcohol Collection Training
If you have a company representative that you would like to handle your drug/alcohol collections, Transafe can properly train them so you don’t have to inconvenience yourself with sending drivers to a clinic. It is time saving as well as cost efficient.
- Hazmat Training
Hazmat Certifications include (every 3 years) General Awareness, Security, Safety, In-Depth Security, Function Specific
- Hours of Service Training
There is nothing that our experienced trainers haven’t seen or tried. This knowledge and expertise gives us the edge in the classroom. These classes encompass the most recent changes of the Department of Transportation (DOT) and Hours of Service Regulations.
- Entry Level Driver Training
Training required for drivers with less than 1 year experience
- Reasonable Suspicion Training
Reasonable Suspicion Testing is the most valuable and effective testing, yet the least utilized by most companies. Implementing a drug free workplace saves your company money and talent
- Defensive Driving, Vehicle Inspection Training, and much more, tailored to fit your company’s needs
- Vehicle Maintenance records management
Transafe can effectively manage your vehicle maintenance to meet your specific driving demands. We effortlessly handle an unlimited number of preventive maintenance schedules for all of the vehicles in your fleet.